Valentine’s Day is upon us and there are so many great craft ideas that can be made for this special day!
If you have kids of your own, nieces or nephews, grandchildren, or just kids of school age in your life, I’m sure that you are familiar with those boxes of cartoon Valentine cards at the grocery store. They’re always great because they have all the kids’ favorite characters, but if you’re looking for something more this year, something different that takes a little bit more time, try this awesome melted crayon heart craft! It takes a little bit more effort but still just as fun and thoughtful!
What You Will Need:
• Cupcake or Muffin pan (Even a silicone heart mold if you can find one)
• Cutting Board
• Stamps or Markers
1. Remove paper wrappers from crayons – Use any already broken crayons first!
2. Divide into colors if you want different colored hearts
3. Chop crayons into small pieces
4. Fill molds – more crayons will make thicker hearts. If you are using a metal pan it might need to be greased with a little vegetable oil beforehand
5. Melt in oven or toaster oven at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes
6. Let cool and pop out of molds
7. Tape to card and decorate!
Also check out this great blog, where we found this awesome Valentine’s Day craft! The blog has great recipes and crafting ideas for every age!